A dedicated team of qualified and 11+ experienced teachers.
Our priority is to ensure that our 11+ course is tailored to suit your child’s requirements. We provide regular feedback and are available to contact if you have any queries.
The year 5 programme consists of intensive 11+ preparation through a carefully designed blend of past exam questions, papers and diagnostics, which allows our teaching staff to analyse the students understanding, to identify weaknesses and strengths. A full detailed analysis will be shared with parents/carers so that extra support can be given at home.
- Four hours of face to face tuition every week
- 1:5 teaching ratio at Intuition tuition centres
- 100% success rate in 2016
English and Maths will be at a much higher level than the national curriculum at this stage and will be focussed on developing on the skillset from year 4 programme. We cannot guarantee students who join the programme at this stage to pass the 11+ exams. Transparency is our policy and if we feel that the 11+ is not right for your child, based on the level of work produced by the student, we will inform you.
We focus your child to improve their literacy skills, such as spelling, reading, comprehension, sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, vocabulary and expression. We also look at improving the quality and variety of writing.
During the course the children will be able to explore their thoughts and imagination in a fun and engaging learning environment. This will provide the necessary skills to produce great Creative Writing pieces of work.
- Improving comprehension skills
- Writing different genres
- Develop creative writing
- Writing complex sentences
What is the 11+ exam?
The 11+ is a test taken by some Year 6 pupils in primary schools in England. It’s a way of selecting who’s academically suited to attend a grammar school or selective school / independent school for Year 7 onwards, and is sometimes also known as the ‘Entrance exam’ or ‘Transfer Test’.
As Wales and Scotland no longer have grammar schools, the 11+ is only taken in certain parts of England.
Would my child get into Grammar school?
Take our online test to see what type of questions arise – please support your child with this quiz if they have not been prepared for the 11 plus curriculum.
The 11+ can include four disciplines: verbal reasoning; non-verbal reasoning, Maths and English. All need multiple choice answers, except English, which is a written piece of work.
- Verbal reasoning: These questions are about solving problems and following sequences to do with words and text. Verbal reasoning tests your child’s English grammar and vocabulary.
- Non-verbal reasoning: During the non-verbal reasoning paper, your child will need to solve problems to do with diagrams and pictures. There’s also an element of maths.
- Maths: Your child will be tested on mental maths, maths concepts and skills and problems that have to be solved in multiple stages.
- English: The English paper puts your child’s creative writing skills to the test, as they have to plan, structure and write a piece of work.
Choosing a Grammar / Independent School
Our 11+ programme covers all schools in Manchester. Click here for further advice (I will send a word document named “11+ school Information”)
Book now for a free assessment and parent consultation at one of our centres.