Schools have a constant challenge to show good progress with students learning. Over the years we have seen departments cater for revision courses for key groups, whether that be an external company or to teaching staff giving their countless hours – for the most part for free which is a strain on human resource.
Unfortunately, the majority of these external companies employ graduates, not particularly in the teaching field who have little knowledge on the specification of the exams let alone being able to communicate effectively and adapt to every individual child’s learning style.
Why Choose Intuition Intervention?
We work with schools and authorities to deliver rigorous, motivational and stimulating school interventions that have a positive impact on students progress from Primary to A Levels with qualified teachers.
Intuition Intervention has been delivering revision courses and school intervention to thousands of pupils in the UK for over 10 years. Our experience has led us to understand child, parent and teacher anxiety and stress levels during the academic year.
For parents today, the range of options for supporting their child in the run-up to GCSEs or A-Levels is increasingly diverse. We also appreciate that everyone learns slightly differently and that it can be difficult to know what will work best for your child.
Students find our courses effective because they are surrounded by a small group of focused peers in a similar position. Intuition Intervention courses find the perfect balance of support and encouragement that empowers students and propels them in their ongoing studies.
We are proud of the difference our courses have made, not only to students’ grades but also to their futures.
Just some quotes from students and teachers…
“Really enjoyed the course during the summer. It helped me feel more confident for returning to school”
Student – Usman Ali – Kingsway High School
“The 3-day course in Maths and English by the Intuition Team was really good and the teachers were awesome!”
Student – Jessica Milthorpe – Hope High School
“The teachers were fun and made me feel I could believe in myself. They covered topics we struggled on”
Student – Aliya Smith – Kingsway High School
“We have used Intuition a couple of times now and have found them to be such a fantastic resource for Maths and English”
Teacher – Kate C Brown – Kingsway High School
“The team were great with the kids, they were able to create positive relationships so quickly and were able to quickly identify their weaknesses and strengths”
Teacher – Usman Choudhry – Childcare Alliance
- High quality tuition provided by fully qualified and effective teachers.
- An energizing, engaging and inclusive learning environment
- Professional, well-organised courses with appropriate bespoke resources which are proven to deliver exam success
- Courses which are structured around your child’s individual needs.
An Introduction to our courses
We offer a thorough range of tuition and revision courses in core subjects, for Year 9 -13 IGCSE, GCSE and A-Level students.
How Our School Intervention Courses Work
The focus of school revision courses varies between individual schools. However, generally, our schools are looking for support in the following areas:
- Underachieving students
- High achieving students
- Borderline grade students
- Gifted and talented students
- Accelerated learning programmes
We operate a series of school-based revision courses running throughout the year. These high impact courses are:
- Held at your location/on-site
- Tailored to meet your requirements
- Successfully proven to improve grades, boost confidence and motivation
- During school holidays, half-term or at weekends
Our top priority is ensuring students receive high quality tuition, which meets their individual needs. Unlike other companies providing revision courses, we do not follow a standard structure and each course is bespoke to the students attending that course. By requesting information in advance of the course on the topics and skills that students wish to cover, our tutors are able to structure the course around their needs and optimise the student’s revision time. We provide lunch on most of our courses (dietary information for each student will be requested for allergies and preference) and only use reputable caterers / local food companies such as Subway, Dominoes and KFC – always goes down well with the students!
One Day Courses – “Get Ahead” our one day courses are a productive, intensive 6 hour day revision course tailored around the group’s needs. Prior exam analysis from the class teachers will help inform planning for this course.
3-4 day revision courses – Our 3-4 day revision courses provide structured tuition and thorough exam preparation during key holiday periods
Pre Exam preparation – six hours of tuition in one day usually on the weekend before the exam to complete students revision programme and ensure they are fully prepared.
Summer School – our summer school course is designed to help students maintain their learning, so on return to school after the summer break, they will have the confidence to take the next step. Generally the summer break, although much deserved allows students to lose much of what they have learned in the previous academic year which fosters a “catch up” culture in the new academic year.
SATS revision booster – our SATS revision booster – for both KS2 and KS3 is designed to give an extra boost to expose exam style questions and technique. These will be 1-2 days courses during the weekend or during a school day.
Free courses and assemblies – once a year we offer local schools a free -one day – revision course in Maths or English. We also run assemblies throughout the year on the importance of Literacy, Numeracy and engaging in exams.
All Intuition courses will involve:
- Tuition from experienced, fully qualified subject experts
- Teaching and practice of exam technique
- Stimulating and inclusive study environment, free from distractions
- A variety of engaging learning and memory techniques
- Focused revision on the most common exam topics
Intuition Intervention is committed to delivering the highest quality revision courses for all students. We seek to maintain our position as the UK market leader by continually reviewing and improving our services to reflect both customer needs and educational reforms.
Our approach is unique in a number of ways, in that we:
- Adopt a highly tailored approach to course content to ensure individual student needs are met, by engaging students prior to their course, and by guaranteeing small class sizes
- Provide high quality teaching by only employing full qualified, experienced tutors who can combine expert subject knowledge with excellent communication skills.
- Provide a good range of revision centres, in terms of type (i.e. day / residential) and geographical location, all of which are easily accessible by car or public transport.
- Offer courses at key times throughout the academic year, giving flexibility over the timing and/or the number of revision courses for students to attend.
- Adopt a customer focused approach to courses – if we don’t appear to offer the subject you are looking for at the time and centre that suits you, we will do our best to either set up a new course or find another option that works for you.
Our priority is ensuring we provide a quality revision experience for all of our students; this will never change! We do recognise, however, that our parents also expect value for money. We believe our courses represent excellent value for money, particularly as the dynamic created in small groups can often be more effective than a private tutor.