Intuition started in 2012 and has tuition centres in Manchester. Intuition offers affordable, additional educational support to children and young people, residing in South Manchester and surrounding areas.
Our tuition classes are available to children and young people aged 8 – 16 years on preparation for examinations at all key stages. In partnership with parents/guardians and schools, we aim to identify and remove barriers to learning by raising student’s self esteem and improving attainment in order for students to become confident learners. We also support those who are already exceeding targets by progressing towards outstanding performance. We invite parents/guardians and students to discuss their educational needs and indicate areas of concern at the point of registration. This gives us an understanding of individual needs in order to provide an efficient service. Intuition offers support with homework and coursework, based on a ratio of one to small group tuition.
We are proud to say that we have mainly grown through word of mouth referrals, which account for more than half of our current students!
Students and teachers are constantly faced with moving goalposts in schools and they can find it difficult to keep up
- Changes to the GCSE curriculum
- More Maths content in the GCSE Science papers.
- Changes to the Key Stage 2 SATs reading paper.
- Changes to the English and Maths curriculum in Key Stages 1 and 2.
- No more calculator paper in Key Stage 2 SATs.
- The reintroduction of Level 6 papers in Year 6.
- GCSE levels changing from A-G to 1-9.
- No speaking and listening, coursework or text books in the actual GCSE English exam.
Intuition Aims and Objectives
- To support parent and children in transition from primary school to secondary school.
- To identify and eliminate barriers to learning by setting targets with parents and children in order to raise academic achievement.
- To promote healthy home school liaison empowering parents/guardians to make informed choices about education.
- To supplement the work done in schools and help your children to reach their full potential.
Who works for us?
All members of our staff are DBS checked and each are fully qualified and experienced in teaching Maths, English or Science. Our thorough recruitment and selection process ensures that all teachers are subject specialists and have a proven track record of excellent results. Members of staff have completed additional training such as Child Protection, First Aid and Health & Safety.